Chicken breast meat
-cut in bite-size pieces
-onions, zucchini, ...
-cut in pieces, pre-cooked
-cut in bite-size
-OR- half this amount
Frozen peas (approximately)
-(less if desired)
Red curry paste
Fish sauce (less if desired)
Yellow curry powder
Water or chicken stock
1A. Pre-cook potatös and carrots. Don't cook them too done, since they
will simmer with the main dish later.
1. Cut boneless, skinless chicken breast into bite-size pieces.
2. Wash and cut fresh vegetables into bite-size pieces.
3. In a heavy saucepan on medium heat, heat the veg. oil, red curry
paste, and about one third of the coconut milk. Heat 5-10 minutes,
stirring, until it forms a thin gravy.
4. Turn the heat to high, add the chicken, and cook until the chicken is
half cooked, maybe five minutes.
5. Add the fish sauce, sugar, salt, and rest of the coconut milk, and mix
6. Stir in the curry powder, potatös, carrots, and water/stock. If
desired, add 1/s bay leaf. Let simmer just a minute or two.
7. Add the fresh vegetables and the frozen peas, and let simmer for 3 to 5
minutes, until fresh veggies are just done.
8. Serve (with jasmine rice...).
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Stephanie da Silva)
Stichworte: Chicken, Thai, Main dish